PDA

View Full Version : Best wax?

My Cobra
02-11-2005, 06:59 PM
I know we have all talked about this time and time agian. What is the best wax ? BESIDES ZAINO!!!! I have to say NXT or gold class meguires :gso:

CODY2003
02-11-2005, 07:02 PM
If I'm starting a new cleaning cycle, I use Gold class on top of all of the cleaners and polishes. If I'm just touching up after a wash I use NXT.

Stang Gurl
02-11-2005, 07:15 PM
I have to say NXT or gold class meguires :gso:
MEG'S ALL THE WAY!!! I put nothing else on my car but megs... period :j:

_eazy_
02-11-2005, 07:15 PM
zaino. but i also like the new turtle wax

stalker
02-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I use this stuff. One coat lasts about 6 months. Literally, All I have to do is wash the car and it looks like it just got waxed.

http://www.sportscarcare.com/scc/product.asp?ItemID=kla-aim
(that's the cleaner part)

(This is the polish part)
http://www.sportscarcare.com/scc/product.asp?ItemID=kla-sgm

My Cobra
02-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Good answers so far. Lets see what everybody else says.

Fastest302
02-11-2005, 07:51 PM
i use on my car is mothers but i would go with the gold class wax

ComputerGuy
02-11-2005, 08:41 PM
I Like MEGS. But then again I am always open to suggestions. I also use their Quick Detailer

My Cobra
02-11-2005, 08:53 PM
What do you guys think of the clay bars and also the teflon based waxes?

CODY2003
02-11-2005, 09:03 PM
I use clay magic. and I wouldn't put any wax on my car that wasn't caruba(I know I can't spell)

HerNastyNotch
02-11-2005, 09:14 PM
We just clay barred my car for the first time today and the results are awesome! My paint job looks brand new! And my paint is original (1991)!!

Mother's makes a nice clay bar kit that includes, obviously the clay bar, but also a detailing lubricant to use while claying and the Mothers Original Formula Carnauba Cleaner Wax.

My Cobra
02-11-2005, 09:25 PM
yea i have used the clay bar before but man it did not seem to do much. Cause my paint is so new ya think? want to knwo what will help get rid of those swirls and what not on my cars paint. i look at it and i can see the swirls when the sun hits it but when i get close i do not see them. what woudl you guys use? also how do those get there what am i doin wrong? I hear it is just the sun but i am not too sure.

CODY2003
02-11-2005, 09:39 PM
yea i have used the clay bar before but man it did not seem to do much. Cause my paint is so new ya think? want to knwo what will help get rid of those swirls and what not on my cars paint. i look at it and i can see the swirls when the sun hits it but when i get close i do not see them. what woudl you guys use? also how do those get there what am i doin wrong? I hear it is just the sun but i am not too sure.
Those are actually microscratches in the paint surface. Try some paint polish. If that doesn't work, then you will most likely have to wetsand with 2000 grit and repolish and buff the entire car.

Fastest302
02-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Mine has some swirl marks form the buffer and suggestions!
[sorry] wrong button. >owned<

CODY2003
02-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Mine has some swirl marks form the buffer and suggestions!
[sorry] wrong button. >owned<
I hit the edit rather than quote
anyway. lol
Wetsand and polish. Rebuff the paint with a softer buffcloth
Like cotton microfiber buffs.

NoSlo5.0
02-14-2005, 08:23 PM
You guys gotta be sure to use the correct buffer. A 6" angle grinder with a lambs wool bonnet is not it. A handheld orbital isn't either. a variable speed, like one Makita makes, is the ticket. You gotta use a polish too. MyCobra, I'm betting your finish is in good enough shape that you just need a clearcoat polish, nothing with heavy cutting, more like a machine glaze then a wax. I like Meg's stuff (Hi tech yellow), I like Mother's too.

Get yourself some 3M Finesse-it, whatever the ultra finest polish is, you'll get the results you're after.

CODY2003
02-14-2005, 08:47 PM
You guys gotta be sure to use the correct buffer. A 6" angle grinder with a lambs wool bonnet is not it. A handheld orbital isn't either. a variable speed, like one Makita makes, is the ticket. You gotta use a polish too. MyCobra, I'm betting your finish is in good enough shape that you just need a clearcoat polish, nothing with heavy cutting, more like a machine glaze then a wax. I like Meg's stuff (Hi tech yellow), I like Mother's too.

Get yourself some 3M Finesse-it, whatever the ultra finest polish is, you'll get the results you're after.
Not if it's swirled. I've been there. You have to use the med cut. That's what I use.

NoSlo5.0
02-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Perhaps, it's hard to say without seeing it in person. 2000 grit on a car that doesn't see any benefit from a clay bar is a ridiculous suggestion though. I'd put money on the finesse-it when properly applied.

CODY2003
02-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Perhaps, it's hard to say without seeing it in person. 2000 grit on a car that doesn't see any benefit from a clay bar is a ridiculous suggestion though. I'd put money on the finesse-it when properly applied.
Not rediculous, just not you're choice. I think I know a little bit about this stuff to. :thumpupn:

NoSlo5.0
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Wetsanding should be the last choice. Only in cases where the defects are too deep for a cutting polish. I know you know some stuff about finish care, but I'm afraid MyCobra and Fastest302 don't really, no offense guys. I just don't want to hear about them jumping off half cocked wetsanding their car when a micro fine polish was what was appropriate. If they are asking how to get swirls out, they need to learn how to use a polisher first. Crawl before you walk thing. They can use a medium cut cleaner, but they will likely cry when they get done. IMO, for these guys, a lot of finesse-it is the best (best=safest) route. MyCobra takes so much pride in his paint, that I can't believe that it needs any more attention than a superfine polish.

No attack on you Cody, don't read into that way. sorry if I spun you a tad there.

NO DRAMA!

CODY2003
02-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Wetsanding should be the last choice. Only in cases where the defects are too deep for a cutting polish. I know you know some stuff about finish care, but I'm afraid MyCobra and Fastest302 don't really, no offense guys. I just don't want to hear about them jumping off half cocked wetsanding their car when a micro fine polish was what was appropriate. If they are asking how to get swirls out, they need to learn how to use a polisher first. Crawl before you walk thing. They can use a medium cut cleaner, but they will likely cry when they get done. IMO, for these guys, a lot of finesse-it is the best (best=safest) route. MyCobra takes so much pride in his paint, that I can't believe that it needs any more attention than a superfine polish.

No attack on you Cody, don't read into that way. sorry if I spun you a tad there.

NO DRAMA!
no drama lol
I had to try and bite my tongue. :rofl:

MUSTANG GUY
02-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Only Zaino for me
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/630000-630999/630542_4_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/630000-630999/630542_3.jpg

Snake
02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
i don't use anything but this on my 88 and both 81's

http://img166.exs.cx/img166/7146/liquidglass5nu.jpg
And this is what it looks like on the rocket
http://img210.exs.cx/img210/6587/991288april2003pentictonmed1kb.jpg

My Cobra
02-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Lookin good. Tell me what to go and buy. to get rid of swirls. I want brand i want name i want a decent price for what it will cost me. thanks. I will do it and post pics. Thanks again you guys.