PDA

View Full Version : stock Yugo beats SVT Cobra!!

Jim03svt
02-09-2005, 12:55 AM
:bs:

sorry, I couldn't resist..

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Did it have a limited slip differential on the front left axle? If so, I believe you.

http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=1522

Is that 2 oil slick spots? Must be from the twin turbos...

:rofl:

Limited Edition Rims, Yo...

http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=1523

Jim03svt
02-09-2005, 01:52 PM
lol... good picture! I could'nt help getting on the Trans Am guy...he's apparently living in a dream world.

'pontiac builds excrement'

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 01:59 PM
lol... good picture! I could'nt help getting on the Trans Am guy...he's apparently living in a dream world.

'pontiac builds excrement'

I don't mind hearing racing stories that involve a loss with a car I own, but when the story has too many unbelievable points, and it's posted in a forum specific to the "losing" car... It's just asking for trouble.

I'm sure he knows that fact. He's just an instigator.

He can take his :bs: and insults to a Trans Am forum or be :ban:'ed.

Fastest302
02-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Its a true story i was there on the highway with him!

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Its a true story i was there on the highway with him!

Nobody's saying that he wasn't going faster than the car in question...

I have Hyundai Accents go faster than me and pass me on the freeway all the time. Does not mean I raced them and they beat me.

And besides, the statements he was making is what stirred the pot.

Fastest302
02-09-2005, 02:38 PM
You have a point about it! He should make that kind of remarks. You did what you have to do!

Fastest302
02-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I didnt apprecate what thumpin347 said about me! That was just not cool! I just wanted to post something!

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 02:42 PM
You have a point about it! He should make that kind of remarks. You did what you have to do!

It's all good. Main reason I didn't request a ban or anything "power trippy" like that is because we were all in it (the flame war), so it wouldn't have been fair.

His last statement about hating Fords and asking us all to Fuck Off would've been a straight ban if it wasn't for the reason I mentioned above.

He makes his own choice whether he wants to continue being part of the forum or stop posting altogether.

Cheers

:beerchug:

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I didnt apprecate what thumpin347 said about me! That was just not cool! I just wanted to post something!

I just reread the post and noticed where that happened. I do agree, that was uncalled for. I'm sorry that it got to that point and will make sure a situation like that does not occur again.

Fastest302
02-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Yup yup i understand. Thanks for being cool about it!

Jim03svt
02-09-2005, 03:01 PM
I know I've gotten in a cut or two in this whole scrape, and I think TA deserved it.. BUT, just to make my position clear, I like to think of myself as an 'American Muscle Car' enthusiast.. I'm not a big fan of imports because I want to see the USA excell in the marketplace. The way I look at it is, if they're fast, and made in the USA I love 'em. I STILL remain convinced that something's out of whack with his story though..Like I said yesterday, the guy in the cobra could've been a dumbass that can't shift!
With THAT said I want to add, I'd never go into a mopar, chevy or pontiac site and start bragging and expect to leave unscathed.. The bottom line is, it's all in fun..

Y'all need to put some USA flag emotes on here!

USA -9/11-never forget!

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 03:11 PM
I know I've gotten in a cut or two in this whole scrape, and I think TA deserved it.. BUT, just to make my position clear, I like to think of myself as an 'American Muscle Car' enthusiast.. I'm not a big fan of imports because I want to see the USA excell in the marketplace. The way I look at it is, if they're fast, and made in the USA I love 'em. I STILL remain convinced that something's out of whack with his story though..Like I said yesterday, the guy in the cobra could've been a dumbass that can't shift!
With THAT said I want to add, I'd never go into a mopar, chevy or pontiac site and start bragging and expect to leave unscathed.. The bottom line is, it's all in fun..

Y'all need to put some USA flag emotes on here!

USA -9/11-never forget!

It's weird that you made that statement... All my life I was an "import" kind'a guy... Just to give you an idea, I've owned 2 MR2's, 1 Celica, a Protege ES, 2 DSM's (Talon/Eclipse), and currently own an SVX in addition to the Cobra..

However, in the past year or so, I realized how much damage it does to our economy to support imported products over American products (in general). This came, not just from my views on automobile industry trends, but also because of the fact that the specific industry I work in (Software) is plagued with outsourcing measurements that send our jobs overseas and leave lots of talented people unemployed in our land.

What's worth is, when they want to backfil positions here, sometimes they bring people from other countries (mostly India) to do so.

Don't get me wrong, lots of talent coming from over there... But realize that this HAS turned into a nasty problem to our economy.

For that reason, I will always make sure to own at least 1 American car at any given point in time. Heck, 2 or 3 for that matter.

I've always loved Mustangs, so my transition was eased by my enthusiasm.

Fastest302
02-09-2005, 05:19 PM
I was also an import fan myself. I always wanted a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, but then i fell in love for mustangs and thats y i currently own one!

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 05:20 PM
I was also an import fan myself. I always wanted a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, but then i fell in love for mustangs and thats y i currently own one!

I flipped my GSX on a snowy mountain pass 2 years ago.

Js281GT
02-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I will smoke all of you!

j/k :beerchug:

Fastest302
02-09-2005, 07:47 PM
I flipped my GSX on a snowy mountain pass 2 years ago.

dam! My friendhad a 90 GSX and it ran 10s.I loved those cars! lol

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 07:50 PM
dam! My friendhad a 90 GSX and it ran 10s.I loved those cars! lol

Mine was a '94, with a 16G turbo boosting 17 pounds.

I also had a '90 Talon TSi AWD... Sold that one a while before buying the GSX.

Fastest302
02-09-2005, 08:17 PM
you had some hot cars before getting the cobra! The guy that had the 90 GSX now has a 97 honda delsol and it has amd motor work to it!