PDA

View Full Version : Decisions...decisions...Should I trade my Black Cobra Cpe for a white vert?????

EddieGT
02-08-2005, 02:58 PM
So, my fiancee is obsessed with white convertible mustangs... Since as long as I've known her.

I came across a BRAND NEW 2003 (yes, 3) White Convertible Cobra at a local dealer.......

The car is being sold for about the price of a used one.

I was thinking of offering my car up for a straight trade, since mine's an 04, with ridiculously low miles, and I have a 6 year warranty, chrome wheel package, and the $1000 LoJack with Early Warning System.

I LOVE black Mustangs... It's why I got this one, but I realized they're extremely hard to keep looking nice... My fiancee had a white V6 coupe before we had the silver GT vert, and it wasn't as difficult as a black car to keep... Definitely second worse, though.

If the dealer was to go for my straight trade, do you guys think I should go for it? I also like white Mustangs, verts, and it would make her very happy... But I would lose my coupe, which has a slighty better tuned suspension from the factory, a more rigid body, lighter, and, IMO, turns heads more than a white one (when it's clean).

What should I do??????????????????

Droptop2001GT
02-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Vert > coupe. :D

J
02-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Are you crazy?!! Trading your car again?!! KEEP YOUR CAR BLACK! Who knows the girl might dump you... LOL

EddieGT
02-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Who knows the girl might dump you... LOL

Black it is...! :thumpupn:

Droptop2001GT
02-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Compromise with her. Try to find a triple black convertible. :D

EddieGT
02-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Vert > coupe. :D

So she would think...

I had a vert. They're "fun cars"... Or "cute"...

But I wouldn't say they're superior... I remember feeling the darn thing was going to turn into a swirl during hard cornering...

If I did the trade it would be for her. She gave up the Silver GT Vert so that I could get a black coupe Cobra... I guess now I'm feeling kind of guilty (though she loves the black Cobra also).

Jim03svt
02-08-2005, 04:01 PM
So she would think...

I had a vert. They're "fun cars"... Or "cute"...

But I wouldn't say they're superior... I remember feeling the darn thing was going to turn into a swirl during hard cornering...

If I did the trade it would be for her. She gave up the Silver GT Vert so that I could get a black coupe Cobra... I guess now I'm feeling kind of guilty (though she loves the black Cobra also).

Eddie,

Of course my first impulse is to say don't do it.., but she sound's like a great lady. (giving up the silver gt vert and all) Black IS tough to keep clean, but then again, if you're like most of us you probably clean your car almost every time you drive it anyway.. I think Ryan's suggestion of a compromise is perfect! A Black 03 0r 04 Cobra Convertible would be a superior choice! ha ha
Take it to Kenny Brown and the control problem is HISTORY!
Good luck with it! :cool:

Cobra94
02-08-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm bias. never mind the fact it's a vert. SUMMER IS COMING!

EddieGT
02-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Eddie,

Of course my first impulse is to say don't do it.., but she sound's like a great lady. (giving up the silver gt vert and all) Black IS tough to keep clean, but then again, if you're like most of us you probably clean your car almost every time you drive it anyway.. I think Ryan's suggestion of a compromise is perfect! A Black 03 0r 04 Cobra Convertible would be a superior choice! ha ha
Take it to Kenny Brown and the control problem is HISTORY!
Good luck with it! :cool:

Yea, she has made quite a few changes in her life for me... Then again, I do take good care of her... But when it comes to cars, luckily we have very similar tastes.

We'll see what comes out of this. After giving it some thought, however, I think I should probably stick to a car for a while... I switch cars too frequently and when I drove the '04 Cobra off the showroom I told myself I would keep it until the last bolt would fall off...

Maybe I should just wait a bit and then get her a convertible white GT (she loves GT's). In fact, I think that she likes GT's looks better than Cobras (the raised hood scoop and all). Either way, I'm just glad she's a Mustang Girl! :w00t:

EddieGT
02-08-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm bias. never mind the fact it's a vert. SUMMER IS COMING!

I really like your Cobra. Don't let my girl see it, she'll want it.

Fastest302
02-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Keep it

CODY2003
02-08-2005, 07:09 PM
If you exchange that nice black stang for a white one, vert or not, I will E-slap you. :smack:
Find a nice black vert V6 or GT and get that to go with the cobra. :thumpupn:

Cobra94
02-08-2005, 07:28 PM
If you exchange that nice black stang for a white one, vert or not, I will E-slap you. :smack:

:ugh2: cody? how do I take that?

CODY2003
02-08-2005, 07:30 PM
:ugh2: cody? how do I take that?
Uh.....I meant it only because it's a 99+. Ya......White looks best no 94-98 especially on cobras. :thumpupn:

Cobra94
02-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Uh.....I meant it only because it's a 99+. Ya......White looks best no 94-98 especially on cobras. :thumpupn:
ah now I feel the love. :thumpupn: :bs: :lol:

stalkerbabe
02-08-2005, 07:57 PM
okay okay from a womans point... do it for her.. If j didnt do it for me! id cut his balls off!!!

J
02-08-2005, 09:00 PM
:rofl:

IggyBiggy
02-08-2005, 11:14 PM
if i were single yes, if i were married, no.

01GTType
02-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Keep the one you have!! Does the White one have a tan top? If so fa sho keep yours!! :D

EddieGT
02-09-2005, 11:35 AM
okay okay from a womans point... do it for her.. If j didnt do it for me! id cut his balls off!!!

Talked to her about it... She wants us to keep the black coupe! She said we can wait and in a year or so get her a white 40th convertible GT...

Sounds like a plan to me! :thumpupn:

Jim03svt
02-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Talked to her about it... She wants us to keep the black coupe! She said we can wait and in a year or so get her a white 40th convertible GT...

Sounds like a plan to me! :thumpupn:

I like her! I like you too Eddie, you handled it right! :thumbup: