PDA

View Full Version : Miss fire

My Cobra
02-05-2005, 04:38 PM
This is pretyt important so i put it in here I will move it to v8 or tech later thanks...........

Ok here is the deal. Last week or two weeks ago i installed a JLT CAI. Everythign was good (Great power) Today i went out and washed my car and Cleaned the engine out with some degreaser and what not i covered most of the electrical stuff under the hood and really let the engine have it. She looks great. Anyway i get in drive around a bit and show off how good she looks. Then all of a sudden It starts to miss fire a bit. So i think ok what do i do. So i take it to advance auto parts and have them run the codes. It comes up with 2 codes. Saying

DTC P1000
ODB systems
Readiness test
Not complete

DTC P0308
Cylinder 8
Miss fire

The guy told me it could be any number of things. He says taht i probley got water on my distributer or somethign like that causing it to miss fire of kill it. So i was wondering what i can do to kinda help this and which way i should look to go from here. I have a 99 cobra with the mods in the sig and 56 k on the clock. They also said it might be a plug. Wanted to get some input from you guys and see what you think i know you woudl need to probley hear it but its really hard to discribe let me know thanks in advance.

_eazy_
02-05-2005, 04:44 PM
This is pretyt important so i put it in here I will move it to v8 or tech later thanks...........

Ok here is the deal. Last week or two weeks ago i installed a JLT CAI. Everythign was good (Great power) Today i went out and washed my car and Cleaned the engine out with some degreaser and what not i covered most of the electrical stuff under the hood and really let the engine have it. She looks great. Anyway i get in drive around a bit and show off how good she looks. Then all of a sudden It starts to miss fire a bit. So i think ok what do i do. So i take it to advance auto parts and have them run the codes. It comes up with 2 codes. Saying

DTC P1000
ODB systems
Readiness test
Not complete

DTC P0308
Cylinder 8
Miss fire

The guy told me it could be any number of things. He says taht i probley got water on my distributer or somethign like that causing it to miss fire of kill it. So i was wondering what i can do to kinda help this and which way i should look to go from here. I have a 99 cobra with the mods in the sig and 56 k on the clock. They also said it might be a plug. Wanted to get some input from you guys and see what you think i know you woudl need to probley hear it but its really hard to discribe let me know thanks in advance.
just start going thru the problems step by step... first change the plug... then the plug wire... then check the distrib...

oh, you know you can get the engine codes right from your trip/odometer?

NoSlo5.0
02-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Your car is running coilpacks, it has no distributor newb. Get an air compressor and blow the wells going down to your plugs in the heads nice and dry, then blow out the boots. Get some silicone dielectric grease and put a little in the boot and put it all back together. Do the same at the coil packs.

J
02-05-2005, 05:51 PM
check for water under the plug wires. (where the wire connects to the plug)

My Cobra
02-05-2005, 06:32 PM
sounds good i will give it a shot. anybody got a write up on changing the plugs in a 99 cobra? Thanks. i figure i will just redo all the plugs thanks.

Joe Friday
02-05-2005, 07:25 PM
write up?
1. Buy spark plug removal socket
2. Buy new spark plugs
3. ???????
4. Profit

01GTType
02-05-2005, 07:54 PM
After I power washed my engine mine miss fired too.. Just do what the guys are saying and you should be fine..

JPRCobra
02-05-2005, 08:16 PM
:nya: Try to stay away from high dollor spark plugs ask any racer they run basic plugs and change them offten

My Cobra
02-05-2005, 08:41 PM
hmmm well i just want my shit to run good.

My Cobra
02-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Also what the hell is that first code?

ClintEastwood
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
P1000 = MAF sensor intermittant

Vote for me.

TBRStang
02-05-2005, 09:54 PM
That sucks man. Hope you get it up and running good again. Do what has been suggested and I'm sure you'll come out fine. :thumpupn:

Roush2960
02-05-2005, 10:02 PM
99+ have coil packs..No wires. Sounds like you have water in one of them.
I have had this on my car before. Get your wifes/GF hair dryer.
Pull up the coils packs and blow dry them off. Reinstall them and have a nice day.

./M@

My Cobra
02-05-2005, 10:19 PM
any way i can tell where the plug is and how to pull it out the safest way and check everythign out with out causting a whole shit load of trouble please circle it on a picture and send it to me please thanks. I am a noob when it comes to plugs on thios car