PDA

View Full Version : This is KILLING ME

ComputerGuy
01-30-2005, 11:33 AM
It's only 52 outside and the car is FILTHY. Stacy (my Wife) won't let me go outside to wash the car because of my surgery I had on Friday. At Least I got to change out the thermostat.

BossHoss
01-30-2005, 11:44 AM
It's only 52 outside and the car is FILTHY. Stacy (my Wife) won't let me go outside to wash the car because of my surgery I had on Friday. At Least I got to change out the thermostat.
:lol: Mine's in storage..temps here are in the 20's,I've been stockpiling
parts for my stang to install this spring...at least I have another
project in the garage to keep me busy..hang in there..sunmmer is
coming.

My Cobra
01-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Yea it is kinda chilly here. I am lookin to wash my car. She could use a good cleaning. I might breakdown and just fight the cold here in a little bit.

NoSlo5.0
01-30-2005, 12:34 PM
T-stat? I've never considered that a viable move from a performance standpoint. Was the car not cooling properly before that? The physics behind lowering ECT don't lend well to HP production unless you also have the electronic tuning ability in place to take advantage of any of it. Kinda like iron heads make more power over aluminum because they retain heat better. Aluminum is a benefit because of reduced weight and the ability to run more timing due to fewer hotspots in the CC. Lowering the ECT will likely result in the EEC wanting to make the car run richer (especially if it never gets to operating temperature), which in n/a form is likely to cost power. It won't help create a cooler air charge at all, heatsoak is going to occur no matter what.

AJ SnkNV
01-30-2005, 12:34 PM
my snake needs a wash also. Hopefully the weather is going to get nicer here in dallas

Fastest302
01-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Mine needs a bath to. its like the 16 out here

ComputerGuy
01-30-2005, 01:02 PM
T-stat? I've never considered that a viable move from a performance standpoint. Was the car not cooling properly before that? The physics behind lowering ECT don't lend well to HP production unless you also have the electronic tuning ability in place to take advantage of any of it. Kinda like iron heads make more power over aluminum because they retain heat better. Aluminum is a benefit because of reduced weight and the ability to run more timing due to fewer hotspots in the CC. Lowering the ECT will likely result in the EEC wanting to make the car run richer (especially if it never gets to operating temperature), which in n/a form is likely to cost power. It won't help create a cooler air charge at all, heatsoak is going to occur no matter what.

No Just had to change out because the heater was not working. The wife needs a heater when she's driving down dirt and muddy roads. Was not thinking of performance, Just the fact got to work on her.

_eazy_
01-30-2005, 01:02 PM
it's about 70 today here :)

my car is clean tho

VonStrom
01-30-2005, 02:08 PM
see we had a major blizzard the DAY AFTER mine got back on the road. And now she needs a wash big time. Since it is the 2nd vehicle at the moment I have to drive her daily. so with my 35 min commute it gets pretty grimy. But no time and COLD temps are keeping me from being able to do anything for her

DSGMustangGT
01-30-2005, 02:13 PM
I know exactly what you mean!!
My gf hates it when I spend "too much" time detailing my car.

My Cobra
01-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Too much time detailing your car? That can be done? WTF I did not know that. lol and my girlfriend does not seem to mind that much and she lets me clean hers too.

DSGMustangGT
01-30-2005, 04:12 PM
hehehe!!! is that the way it works.

Do for her then I get to do for me?? but my gf drives a Suburban 2500!!

thunderbolt64
01-30-2005, 04:16 PM
52 degrees? I would be out there in shorts, and a tank top washing my car!

NoSlo5.0
01-30-2005, 05:13 PM
No Just had to change out because the heater was not working. The wife needs a heater when she's driving down dirt and muddy roads. Was not thinking of performance, Just the fact got to work on her.

It failed open then? My wife would have warped both heads and cracked an intake before she would have mentioned there was something wrong with the car. That's a fine woman you've got there!