PDA

View Full Version : My fellow BMC bros...

EddieGT
01-28-2005, 06:29 PM
WTF, I can't keep my poor car clean for the life of me...

This is the first black car I've owned. My favorite color in cars, but damn I've become exhausted trying to keep her clean or at least looking "decent".

What's you guys' secret? And please don't ask me to garage her, not an option, she's my daily driver. :(

AJ SnkNV
01-28-2005, 06:34 PM
I hear you. That is why I am glad I had the upper half of my car painted the shadow grey. I love black but you have to wash it ever week or even every few days.

J
01-29-2005, 02:10 AM
California Duster baby

thunderbolt64
01-29-2005, 04:25 AM
What about a car cover?

Joe Friday
01-29-2005, 05:28 AM
When it rains jump out with the absorber and dry it off. :D

BonesGT
01-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey Eddie, I'm sure you can find the answers over on the BMC site..hehehe As for the "Bone Stocker"....Very good coat of wax, and Cailfonia Duster are a MUST!!!

NoSlo5.0
01-29-2005, 12:55 PM
It's a bitch and mine is garaged. I used to wash two or three times a week when I had the black 95 outside 24/7. Being outside that long will take a toll on your finish in a hurry. Don't cut any corners on the detailing or you'll be sorry...voice of experience.

ComputerGuy
01-29-2005, 01:00 PM
It's a bitch and mine is garaged. I used to wash two or three times a week when I had the black 95 outside 24/7. Being outside that long will take a toll on your finish in a hurry. Don't cut any corners on the detailing or you'll be sorry...voice of experience.

How true. Detailing and finish protection are a must. I have a silver stang, and like you, I am a clean freek.

I use MaGuires products. I was and wax the car every saturday, rain or shine.

It's a pain in the ass, but it pays off.

BossHoss
01-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Think of it as a work out,which it is...I had a 78 II that I painted
black,I swear I washed it everyday in the summer and waxed it once
a week,I also did the same thing on my 69 camaro,dark blue...I just
couldn't stand it being the slightest bit dirty...My friends used to say
I would wear through the paint someday...but as ComputerGuy says:
"It's a pain in the ass, but it pays off.".....and it does.