PDA

View Full Version : A good blow

My Cobra
01-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Well i am at the point where i need to know what to do next. I have about 2 grand to play with. I was wonderin about a blower. What kind to go with i need a kit with everything i need. Also a price. Maybe a web site. Run around 8 pounds of boost? Would it even be worth doing it to my car or just sell my car and put the money toards a 03 or 04? Keep in mind the paint :)

NoSlo5.0
01-22-2005, 07:53 PM
You're gonna come up short with only 2 grand to spend. I wouldn't buy a used centrifugal supercharger. You nead the peace of mind of a warranty, too much to risk IMO. You'll make more power than an 03 with a s/c on yours. I wouldn't necessarily drop everything to go get an 03/04, they are stout, but no more so than any other motor with good internals and the right combination of parts. 400hp isn't that hard a mark to hit, especially with what you've got to start with, 500 would actually be a piece of cake. I don't even use a power adder and I'm over 400. Besides, you got such a good deal on your car, it'd be a shame to start all over again with a lot more debt to your name, buy a Vortech instead.

CODY2003
01-22-2005, 07:54 PM
I good roots blower would do wonders on your car. I believe that kenne belle makes a kit for the 4 valve. Or is yours a 2 valve?

Roush2960
01-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Get a 04 Mystic cobra.

For your year KB is looking for a cobra to experiment on. Goto www.modularfords.com to the KB section and check it out.

./M@