PDA

View Full Version : Got Stang? Rankings... Average score or total points?!

EddieGT
01-12-2005, 08:08 PM
So... We've been discussing the possibility of switching to an average score system for the rankings. The current rankings, as you should be aware by now, are based on total number of points...

So, let's say you get 20 people to give you a score of 1 cuz your ride's ghetto, you got 20 points...

If you get 3 people to give you a score of 5 to compliment you on your sweet ride, you got 15 points....

Doesn't seem fair, now does it?

Since we like to hear feedback about this sort of change (which will drastically change things such as the "top rankings", etc...) we thought of posting a poll... Please take a few milliseconds of your time to click on the choice you prefer.

Thanks!

My Cobra
01-12-2005, 08:11 PM
sounds good to me but does this mean we all start over?

EddieGT
01-12-2005, 08:14 PM
sounds good to me but does this mean we all start over?

Good question. My thought is that the system stores a record of all the individual votes, so if it's kept with an up-to-5-points system it may be just a flip of a switch...

I think if we go up to 10 that may change.

Not sure...

J?

mysteed
01-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Personally, I suggest that we stick to the system that we have. A problem with a ranking from 1-5 or 1-10 is that if a new guy comes on and his best friend looks at his car and ranks it as a 5 or a 10, then he's almost garenteed a spot at the top. For example: Before new guy
My Cobra: 4.76 w/ 327 votes
Me: 4.75 w/ 456 votes

After New Guy:
New Guy: 5 w/ 1 vote
My Cobra: 4.76 w/327
Me: 4.75 w/ 456 votes

Also, if someone comes in and starts ranking everyone as a 1 or a 0, then your rating will drop like a rock and you'll never be able to recover. Just me 2 cents

J
01-12-2005, 08:35 PM
That was one of the problems.. with all the drama that went down.. I had like 10 rankings of -5 which was under the rice column. So I took out that... and if you have a guy thats pissed at you and he votes a 0 it drops your score a whole shitload..

mysteed
01-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah, that's what I was concerned about. I was also really concerned about our scores being zeroed out.

outlandishstang
01-12-2005, 08:40 PM
There are some things that just don't add up a whole lot on the rankings... Myself I really don't care about even being on the ranks but I see some cars not to mention any names that I wonder how in the Hell do you have that many points and WHY? :diss:

J
01-12-2005, 08:42 PM
The only way to stop duplicate votes would be to have it so only registered members can vote. Im noticing that limiting it to IP address is not exactly working.

mysteed
01-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Limiting it to members would be cool. **** people with DSL and cable can randomize their IP addresses. It sux to still be on the 56K.

outlandishstang
01-12-2005, 08:44 PM
J I say do that and then see where a persons votes will be...Zero the shit out and just have registered members vote...

mysteed
01-12-2005, 08:46 PM
There are some things that just don't add up a whole lot on the rankings... Myself I really don't care about even being on the ranks but I see some cars not to mention any names that I wonder how in the Hell do you have that many points and WHY? :diss:
Ouch that hurts.

outlandishstang
01-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Then again you might have fake registries just so they can get some votes! :hmmm:

mysteed
01-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Then again you might have fake registries just so they can get some votes! :hmmm:
True. You could make people that are new post pics of them next to their cars. Then they couldn't fake entries :thumpupn:

My Cobra
01-12-2005, 09:14 PM
It is crazy that it has to go that far. Damn peopel get a life. Maybe we could set up a system where like it stays like it is till you get like 100 votes or somethign like that then it goes to an average like an average vote of 5 or something like that ya know? I know i am stupid /self

J
01-12-2005, 09:16 PM
its not really about getting a life.. we are just trying to figure out a fair voting/ranking system.

mysteed
01-12-2005, 09:22 PM
How bout only members can vote from now on.

My Cobra
01-12-2005, 09:30 PM
J i think you miss understood me. I was meaning the people who change ther eip just to vote and all of that stuff. change to the voting system would be a good thing

mysteed
01-12-2005, 09:31 PM
J i think you miss understood me. I was meaning the people who change ther eip just to vote and all of that stuff. change to the voting system would be a good thing
I have a friend that does that for his Halo2 ranking. For me, it seems like a waste of time.

My Cobra
01-12-2005, 09:35 PM
what a joke. That seems like a huge waste of time for me. They set up rankings to make it fun no need to ruine it for other people just to have your name on the top. that is just a lack of respect for the whole thing. just my .02

CODY2003
01-12-2005, 09:40 PM
what a joke. That seems like a huge waste of time for me. They set up rankings to make it fun no need to ruine it for other people just to have your name on the top. that is just a lack of respect for the whole thing. just my .02
I did vote for myself once. But that was it. I havn't even played the friend vote card. I have played the family card though. It's always fair game to recruit your family for votes. :thumpupn:

Stang Gurl
01-12-2005, 09:43 PM
So... We've been discussing the possibility of switching to an average score system for the rankings.
Stang Gurl wonders where she was for this conversation...

J
01-12-2005, 09:46 PM
You left the chat early :Rofl:

mysteed
01-12-2005, 09:47 PM
I wasn't informed untill tonight.

J
01-12-2005, 10:32 PM
How bout only members can vote from now on.
All of the ranks have been reset... I noticed some people on Dial up had more than 10+ votes on themselves (names will remain anonymous). Meaning.. they would sign on and sign off.. and revote... each vote was verified by IP address.. this was the only way to do it to allow outside voters to vote. This method didnt work to well... I have now changed it so that only registered users can vote on your ride. This should get rid of the "how the hell did he get that many votes"... and it may get some more people interested in it. Now that it is all valid :)

95mustang302
01-12-2005, 11:05 PM
All of the ranks have been reset... I noticed some people on Dial up had more than 10+ votes on themselves (names will remain anonymous). Meaning.. they would sign on and sign off.. and revote... each vote was verified by IP address.. this was the only way to do it to allow outside voters to vote. This method didnt work to well... I have now changed it so that only registered users can vote on your ride. This should get rid of the "how the hell did he get that many votes"... and it may get some more people interested in it. Now that it is all valid :)

I like the fact the people wont be able 2 revote for them self but it sucks that the rankings got reseted but u got 2 do what u got 2 do!

J
01-12-2005, 11:06 PM
I like the fact the people wont be able 2 revote for them self but it sucks that the rankings got reseted but u got 2 do what u got 2 do!
didnt think that it would get that out of hand... i mean do the math... 25x5... thats 125 extra points...

Stang Gurl
01-13-2005, 02:28 AM
On that note... go vote for my car :rofl:

AutoBadges.com
01-13-2005, 09:10 AM
well this is something that is great. I thought about many cars ranks and did say the same thing, "how the hell does this have so many votes?" well now it seems more fair...great decision! ps i have my page up :rofl:

thunderbolt64
01-13-2005, 09:14 AM
didnt think that it would get that out of hand... i mean do the math... 25x5... thats 125 extra points... All my votes were honest votes, from honest people............honest!

Roush2960
01-13-2005, 09:21 AM
I spent my time last night re-voting the sites that are up. Once a year reset will keep people to update and promote Gotstang.com

I also like now that I cannot vote myself up..like you could before. Hell thats the only way my car got votes......its so ugly and slow.....;)

./M@

AutoBadges.com
01-13-2005, 09:21 AM
we should make it that you can't make these posts about "Hey look at my car and vote for me" b/c that is just a dumb way to rank points IMO. Let people look at the site on their own and vote for who they want, etc. "vote for me and I will vote for you" isn't really "fair" I guess you can say. Personally I dont need my car up there...but having people just vote to exchange them is dumb IMO

Roush2960
01-13-2005, 09:27 AM
On that note... go vote for my car :rofl:

Done! :thumpupn:

mysteed
01-13-2005, 10:50 AM
**** now I gotta go redue the message under my avatar. Thanks alot J! lol On a side note, I now dont give a **** about rankings. Unless there is a prize for winning....J?

Roush roadster
01-13-2005, 11:13 AM
What's this rank my car shit anyway. I thought this was a Mustang site where we could talk about Mustangs and help each other out.
Tom

J
01-13-2005, 11:27 AM
What's this rank my car shit anyway. I thought this was a Mustang site where we could talk about Mustangs and help each other out.
Tom
Its just a way to see how people like your car (if you care) and another way for people to notice your ride... along with mustang discussion. :)

EddieGT
01-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Hell thats the only way my car got votes......its so ugly and slow.....;)

Ya, and Madonna's still a virgin.

:smack:

thunderbolt64
01-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Tom
LoL......we all got our hobbies, just trying to get my car noticed. I put over a year in the teardown/buildup, and i just want people to see what one guy can accomplish.

thunderbolt64
01-13-2005, 12:45 PM
we should make it that you can't make these posts about "Hey look at my car and vote for me" b/c that is just a dumb way to rank points IMO. Let people look at the site on their own and vote for who they want, etc. "vote for me and I will vote for you" isn't really "fair" I guess you can say. Personally I dont need my car up there...but having people just vote to exchange them is dumb IMO

From your favorite dummy! I voted fer you. Please vote for me...LOL.

AutoBadges.com
01-13-2005, 05:27 PM
:rofl:

mysteed...get serious being ranked 1 you so cared...so much you had it under your avatar :lol:

ComputerGuy
01-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I like the ranking system as it is now. I will admit I voted for myself. I personally spent a lot of time and effort, and money to get my POS to what it is today. I enjoy the compliments, and even the suggestions I have received except the get a V8 ones!!

EddieGT
01-13-2005, 07:50 PM
I like the ranking system as it is now. I will admit I voted for myself. I personally spent a lot of time and effort, and money to get my POS to what it is today. I enjoy the compliments, and even the suggestions I have received except the get a V8 ones!!

get a v8

thunderbolt64
01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Eddie..............you could had a V-8! j/k! Nice car!

EddieGT
01-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Eddie..............you could had a V-8! j/k! Nice car!

haha, thanks... I voted for yours earlier today (I noticed you voted for mine too)...

Love the Fox... Keep it clean!

ComputerGuy
01-13-2005, 08:01 PM
get a v8

Thanks for the great suggestion. It's up there with Bubba with the Chevy

:fu:

:nya:

EddieGT
01-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the great suggestion. It's up there with Bubba with the Chevy

:fu:

:nya:

haha...was just messing with ya bro...voted for your ride... love the interiors!

ComputerGuy
01-13-2005, 08:15 PM
haha...was just messing with ya bro...voted for your ride... love the interiors!

I know. I suffer from Cobra envy!! Your ride is one of the nicest ever! Honestly. It is the shiznit, the schizzle, the snaizzle
:gso:

J
01-14-2005, 09:20 PM
I have no idea why this thread was closed... opened