PDA

View Full Version : Getting Cobra dyno'd

EddieGT
01-12-2005, 12:34 PM
So I'm thinking of taking my baby to the dyno. She's all stock, and will probably stay that way for quite a while (pending a few questions to SVT regarding what all would void the warranty).

I have never taken a car to the dyno. I will probably get the 1 run deal, which I've heard runs about 50 bucks or so, give or take...

Any tips on how to get the most out of it? I know there's probably not much to it but just thought I'd ask.

I will bring my camcorder and hopefully get the session taped.

My Cobra
01-12-2005, 01:09 PM
i get 3 pulls for 55 bucks.

CallawayGT
01-12-2005, 01:13 PM
I get 3 pulls for 60.My car was dynoed after I had driven it for a couple hours.It was probably more "real world" numbers than it would have been if it would have been colder.

EddieGT
01-12-2005, 01:26 PM
I'll have to check on the price. Hopefully I get 3 runs for about that price range.

BruntzySVT
01-12-2005, 01:27 PM
So I'm thinking of taking my baby to the dyno. She's all stock, and will probably stay that way for quite a while (pending a few questions to SVT regarding what all would void the warranty).

I have never taken a car to the dyno. I will probably get the 1 run deal, which I've heard runs about 50 bucks or so, give or take...

Any tips on how to get the most out of it? I know there's probably not much to it but just thought I'd ask.

I will bring my camcorder and hopefully get the session taped.

Do not waiste your time calling svt about warranty issues! That is up to the dealer you take your vehicle in to get work on! Basically you can do any mod you want and still have warranty yet not have warranty. Lets say you installed harmless cat back on your cobra. Well if it were to defect and something were to happen to your stock headers or mid pipe, you would be held reliable for that. Anything and everything can void your warranty, but if you have full exhaust even with out the cats on and your transmission or engine (in my case, your coolent starts leaking) theres no possible way that they can trace aftermarket exhaust to a tranny problem so the tranny problem was caused by a car default, in which they would have to fix. But, if you get a shitty dealership, they can alter shit around or they can be nice and fix it even though its modded. Just gotta find a good dealer bro. And when shit comes to worse, you can always reinstall stock things, even a tune, and take it in there and its like they never existed!

After market exhaust voids exhaust warranty, intake voids intake warranty, lowering springs voids suspension warranty, blah so on and so on!

BTW you will probably dyno at 363rwhp 340rwtq :clap:

BruntzySVT
01-12-2005, 01:29 PM
3 runs fior 65 bucks!

EddieGT
01-12-2005, 01:56 PM
BTW you will probably dyno at 363rwhp 340rwtq :clap:

That seems to be the most common number for stock Terminator Cobras... Using an estimated 16% powerloss percentage, that puts them at about 435 HP..

Even if you go as low as 12% (doubt we have that low of a loss), it's still well above 410 HP...

Gotta love SVT's fear since the '99 Cobra fiasco... ;)

EddieGT
01-12-2005, 02:01 PM
A guy I know from work happens the know the owner of Dyno Authority (the place I'm going to, Redmond, WA)... He's going to give 'em a call and let them know I'm coming in... I'm hoping for some decent pricing.

Hopefully I'll get multiple runs for somewhere in the 50 ~ 75 dollars range...

CallawayGT
01-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Yeah, you should definitely get more than one run.You have to back up the numbers and who knows what kind of freak miss could show up on a run.

BruntzySVT
01-12-2005, 02:32 PM
That seems to be the most common number for stock Terminator Cobras... Using an estimated 16% powerloss percentage, that puts them at about 435 HP..

Even if you go as low as 12% (doubt we have that low of a loss), it's still well above 410 HP...

Gotta love SVT's fear since the '99 Cobra fiasco... ;)
I never dynod stock but if i dynod 435stock, ive gotten about 100rwhp off intake,x,and cat back!

EddieGT
01-12-2005, 08:21 PM
I never dynod stock but if i dynod 435stock, ive gotten about 100rwhp off intake,x,and cat back!

More like 77 HP...

423 rwhp would be about 503 bhp...

mysteed
01-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah, u def need more than 1 run. Around here it's 3 runs for 50 or unlimited time for a tune and chip reburn for 125.