PDA

View Full Version : What happened to everybody?

Slow 5.0
02-28-2011, 02:51 AM
It has been awhile since I have been on here and see a lot of changes that have taken place, for the better, especially the hunts. Life sorta got the better of me. The question still lurks what happened with some of the people around here around. Most of the people I was friends with on here haven't been on since 08'. Did most of these people have a bitter end to this place?

91GT347
03-03-2011, 10:54 AM
People just kinda disappeared. Honestly I think alot of them were people that just had stangs. Not necessarily people that loved stangs. So they probably dont have them anymore or something. Most people that arent into the racing, or actual building of them eventually trade for something else.

cdog02mustgt
03-03-2011, 08:53 PM
BRING BACK GOTSTANG.COM!!

Slow 5.0
03-05-2011, 05:30 PM
LOL

tankglh21
03-06-2011, 09:05 AM
i am back! i havent been on here in like 2+ years. and anyone that seen me on here before, yes i am still looking for a notch!

Slow 5.0
03-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I do see a few people who had been on since the earlier days still on, but some of the people that were big contributors are not. A handful of the people who I was friends with were around my area and usually met up at car show in Kemha every Sat. which also had been awhile since I have been there.

In it's heyday, this place used to get 100+ members online a day. It is just dead now.

crimsonblack
03-06-2011, 05:32 PM
in and out. around and about.

gunner_501
03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm starting to come out of hybernation.

skidad62
03-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Seems like it's been dying a slow death for quite a while... very little activity. Car show trophies dried up about 3 years ago, traffic levels are dropping, now the car shows seem to have disappeared altogether. I pm'd J the administrator a number of times with some specific questions - never once got a response.

Too bad - used to be fun here.

Slow 5.0
03-11-2011, 10:47 AM
when I came back I thought it was still going strong, but was sadly mistaken. Tornaments are gone, now it is custom one. It looks like the only think maybe still active is the hunts.

drews98GTstroker
03-11-2011, 10:32 PM
ive been in a face off with another car since i first got on here and i know that its not near as long as a bunch of u oldies but things need to go alot faster. I tend to spend most of my time on statecollegemustangs.com now, closer to my area, more ppl that are truely into the stang lifestyle and still "have it in their blood"... but i really liked it here...just goes a lil slower than it should and needs more FUN stuff to do....

J
03-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Economy.

It will pick back up... I have monies to advertise... Waiting till I get some shit done... been wicked bzy at work.

drews98GTstroker
03-12-2011, 08:39 PM
we know u do ur best man. cant wait to see what u got planned!!!!

Thecarphotoguy1
03-13-2011, 07:56 AM
I've been around; however, I've done most of the Regular Hunts and we haven't had any Ult. Hunts in awhile, plus the Online Car Shows died a slow death. The two Tournaments still open have need of four Black or Blue Cars and I think the other is waiting on 12 more applicants. I'm sure 'J' is gonna get it back going again as things "Thaw Out & Dry Out" up North (down South, we're in T-Shirts and have had the A/C on in the last two weeks)!

gunner_501
03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Took the Stang out of the garage today. The roads are still to muddy from the melting snow for a drive but the car and driver are ready to go. I'm feeling the need for SPEED .. LOL

Squid
03-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Wondered what happened to YOU, Tim.

gunner_501
03-16-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm still kicking Jim

Squid
03-17-2011, 05:25 AM
Yay!

vandy0090
03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
ive been here and there. sold a bunch of the cars. got a newer one. idk.

hi anyway

drkhsemach1
11-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Wow yea this place has slowed down a ton, actually had to sell my girl, driving a freakin civic now... I know what a traitor!!

J
11-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Thats BAD! At least I bought a Saleen Focus for my beater! lol

thunderbolt64
11-25-2012, 08:46 AM
People move on.

I check in from time to time, but there just seems to be no activity. I believe many of the forums have been a victim of the poor economy. No extra cash for play toys.

91GT347
11-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I think Brad farted, and ran everyone out. lmfao

lftturn
11-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Hey, I think Brad did fart. Railroad has been runnin' my ass ragged. Mama gone downhill healthwise. Haven't had much time to mess with my ride. Last thing I did was put sequential tailights in about two months ago. Hope everyone is well. Take care.

Fastfordboy
12-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I still pop in. I've been busy with school. This is my last semester to finish for an assoc. in business administration/entrepreneurship with level I & II certificates. Also I FINALLY got my 87 home this summer but it still had tuning to do with the AOD. I also downsized the carb. It really seems to run now, but only drove it a few times. The most recent purchase was a "new" master cylinder/proportioning block. Haven't got them on though. I'm tired of braking on the front brakes. Season's done either way, so it'll be a project that an be done in MY garage. Other than that, I moved last fall and have just been trying to get by. Money is still extremely tight and I haven't been on alot of sites I used to frequent regularly. I haven't forgot about everyone though.

J
12-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi Fast, good to hear about school... thanks for checking in :) Looking forward to your return!

Fastest302
12-13-2012, 06:33 PM
im still around.. things been crazy.. havent really done much with the stang.. hopefully gonna strip her down and build it completly.. i pop in from time to time and check things out

sprGT
01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Wow! I haven't been back here in years! How is everyone?

yellowshaker04
01-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi ho silver away!

REEF93
01-14-2013, 05:38 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/LOVEMELICKMEFEELME69/l_fbd6f99410134b5585899a62ef0d94ee.gif

cdog02mustgt
01-21-2013, 07:15 PM
6:30pm and I am only the 4th member online with the most clicks (11). How sad!

Fastest302
01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
hows everybody doing

Slow 5.0
02-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Well I have made it back again. Been busy with work and my car. Need to get those pics up. What has everyone else been doing?

twisted81stang
02-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Well, since I left, well a lot has happened. I traded my mustang for my chevy silverado. Bought an accord. And finished college. Been out of work since finishing college and that's been 4 years. I've been having health issues. Been having alot of mustang withdraws. Been hunting for one since my accord broke down. Nothing is out there. Heck, when I left, bush was president lol. Just been a downward spiral. But hey I did rebuild my truck. Tore it back down. Waiting for spring to put it back together so I can tow me a mustang home. Heck I still have my 351w that I haven't rebuilt yet. It sits besides my accord, tore apart. Accord sits tore apart. Atleast I have a degree in diesel technology that really helped me with a lot of things. And I have finally started learning to play my guitar. So not all is a lost. Just a bump in this road. Still think about the ones I left behind though. I made it. I'm still here.

AmericanMetal
02-17-2013, 02:21 PM
I lost my job, got hurt a couple of times and may end up having to sell my ride... it breaks my heart to even type this because you all know how hard I worked on it and how much I put into it.

BlackJack64
02-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Well let's see, since the last time I was on this great site I moved my family across the country to Los Angeles, started a new career, bought a new house, missed Sandy and the blizzard of 2013 (old house had major damage) and bought a BMW 335i with all the M-Performance parts on it. I had to de-tune the Roush to get it registered in CA, but i'm scheduled to have it re-tuned this week and possibly add a few things, we'll see. :) Anyone active on here from So. Cal? I would love to get together with fellow stangers from the west coast.

gtstangbang
02-28-2013, 08:31 AM
First time on here for me in a while. Sold both my stangs for a new coyote which I wrecked, got another one but just haven't had the time to do much on the computer aside from bills....... got married and have 2 stepchildren now lol

crimsonblack
02-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Miss the old main page. I'm still around... but being broke in a shitshack job in what seems forever doesn't leave much for the stang. She is still running though.

Fastest302
03-05-2013, 05:10 PM
yea I still got the stang but haven't done anything to it ever since I bought a 08 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 new started modding that.. got married had a daughter in 2011 recently sold the caliber and bought a house a few weeks ago and been working on that but back to the stang and get her ready and running right.

rickzmustang
08-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Me, married, 4 kids, house. Pretty much sums it up. My stang is basically a full out drag car so don't do hunts and cruises.

twisted81stang
08-30-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm making a comeback I hope lol. Now that I have tore my accord totally apart, I am seeing what all needs done. To be honest my Chevy truck really bit me hard and it's hard to come back but I am giving it a second chance. My old mustang was a bad project car to begin with. And I am wiser now then I was back then. So once I get back from labor day weekend, I am hoping a job comes through and I can set the base for a mustang again. Besides my accord is the last thing I have from the past and it's time to fully move on. What a better way to move on with another V8 powered car. Muscle truck and a muscle car. Hmm what's next? A diesel truck lol I already know lol.

crimsonblack
11-09-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm still around... 'bout all that can be said. LOL

plstktnkr2
05-25-2014, 10:18 AM
i AM STILL WAITING ON A FAB SHOP TO WELD MY ALUMINUM PARTS , :(

its been a month and a half

homebuilt77mach1
05-27-2014, 10:25 PM
I was fairly active here in my jr/sr year of highschool...so 07/08 during GS's primetime. I went to college, graduated and got on my own. I had checked in time to time to check who all was still around. Now that I am more settled in a better job and have a little more money I am back at doing things to my Stang and Capri that I have wanted to since I bought them. I think the recession has hit alot of people hard, being as most stangs are weekend joy rides and second to their DD, I can see how alot of projects may be on the back burner for them. I am glad to be part of this page, be it as slow as it maybe. I think alot of forums and stang sites took a hit and alot have disappeared. To see GS still going shows not all hope is lost. Id give it time, I keep seeing a new crop of members showing up. Haha what a memory trip this has been, I think I still have the MM&FF mag where GS was featured as a new website, thats what got me on here haha. Great to see alot of familiar users here that I remember

Slow 5.0
09-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Any of the Kemah crew still get on here?

AmericanMetal
10-26-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm still promoting the site and am keeping my profile active. I agree with everyone above that the economy and company cutbacks have hit a lot of us hard. Even though I lost my job, I put off selling my car for the longest time, though couldn't add anything new to it. As you can see, I first talked about it in 2013 and hung on to it all this time. But this is just a temporary setback and I plan to come back with another Mustang faster than ever.

Slow 5.0
01-25-2015, 03:14 AM
Well I figure I will still keep this thread going. Even since the last time I had an update, things have changed. My son was born in May 2013. Still have the stang, but getting little bits done here and there, waiting for warmer weather to start tuning where I left off. Other than that, it's still all good. Probably in the future I might pickup another project car. Possibly for my daughter something to get around. Time flies fast.

Fastest302
04-01-2015, 07:40 PM
I keep checking in once in awhile.. I see J keeps getting some nice stangs in his stable lol.. recently had a new addition to the family with my 2nd child born n nov 2014 and just started working on the stang.. bills keep popping and car always has to wait lol.. need to get the warmer weather back up here

twisted81stang
06-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Still not dead here. Just traded mustang for a silverado. Silverado blew up. (damn 305's) Still looking for work. I have some hope with the hospital here. They maintenance needs someone and the head guy likes that I have some experience in grounds keeping. Yeah I know sounds weird but they have everything for it and would be cheaper if I did it. Plus my diesel degree is an extra. They have a total of 10-12 diesel gen sets. I almost passed out when I saw them during the interview. Sounds to me that he wants to hire me just because of the grounds keeping experience. That's going to be a lot of work but hey, so is keeping the lawn mowed at home not to mention the weeds.

93blownlx
07-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Checking back in. Hows everyone been doin?? I sold my 1993 Reef Blue LX hatch 4 1/2 years ago to by a 2002 Harley Davidson F150. 1 more year it will be time to get back into the Mustang Life.

AmericanMetal
08-15-2015, 05:47 PM
A series of injuries kept me from being able to shift & I live an hour from most jobs in my field, in one of the most overcrowded, fastest-growing parts of the country... meaning a hellacious stop & go commute. I had to make the heartbreaking decision to say goodbye to my 2003 manual transmission GT. Notice I didn't say goodbye to *Mustangs*. ;-) I won't surrender to the world of mundane, practical vehicles without a fight. You could amputate my arm & still never catch me behind the wheel of a minivan. You think I'd spend years and thousands of dollars building the machine of my dreams, only to give up on the brand? HAHAHA not on your life!!! American Metal may be gone, but I've got a replacement pony. I promised to leave it alone, but the urge to mod can only be held back for so long...

J
08-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome Back American Metal!!

AmericanMetal
08-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Thanks, J! Hopefully I'll be up early tomorrow morning for a detailing & photo session with my new surprise. :D

AmericanMetal
08-30-2015, 08:33 PM
I'M BAAAAAACK! BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN :D

Slow 5.0
09-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Still popping in from time to time. Updating photos here and there. Doing car shows and cruises and in an all mustang car club. How about you guys??

crimsonblack
09-14-2016, 05:37 PM
First Time here in a while. Been busy busy busy...