PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with Mid-Life Project

EODTEK
11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
A quick intro with a couple of questions...

I have just acquired my mid-life crisis project; a 67 Stang Coupe. I'm only a year older than the car. The car has seen better days and looks better in the photo. The paint job and the interior were done in Juarez Mexico and, well, you get what you pay for!!! It has a 2-barrel Autolight carb that is not listed in the Haynes manual. It has the 289 c.i V8 that was standard for that year. It needs some work but so far it sounds great.

It appears to be pretty much stock. As we get acquainted I am finding items that I am not familiar with...for example in the photo of the lower dash there is a knob near the light switch that currently goes to nothing. I'm thinking of possibly a manual choke lever, but not sure. Also on the right is a rectangular light that sometime comes on when i turn the key to the on position. Again, I'm not sure of the function since the lens for this light is broken. If it were a diesel it would think of the glo-plug 'wait' light.

As soon as I get the brake system up and running, then plated i will drive it around to further our acquaintance.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

gunner_501
11-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome to GS .. A very nice looking Stang .. My 67 also had that knob and you are right about it being for the choke or at least that what mine was for until I installed a Holly with an electric one and disconnected it. I just left the knob in the dash to fill the hole. As far as the light I have no clue.

Stormin
11-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the Site!!!

Squid
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Left had knob is for the fresh air vent
The light on the right of the steering wheel is a seat belt warning light. It's on a timer which is why it goes out fairly quickly.

Welcome to GotStang!