PDA

View Full Version : Rear Engine Mount?

PerfRedV6
10-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I am looking at replacing my transmission mount, but cannot find much information about them, or parts that will for sure work. I found a Genuine Ford Parts website that doesn't have anything called a transmission mount, but instead has front and rear engine mounts. Under the front mounts, there are left and right choices, but under the rear mount there is only one choice. Is that the transmission mount?

I have said it before and will probably say it for a long time, I only know enough about cars to get myself in trouble.....

gunner_501
10-12-2008, 02:46 PM
I would say it is .. On my S197 the mount under the trans is called a rear engine mount.

PerfRedV6
10-12-2008, 05:16 PM
It is the only thing I can think of..... as far as I know, Mustangs only have 2 engine mounts.

gunner_501
10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
As I sat here at the dealership today, bored out of my mind, I took a walk back to parts and asked them if the rear engine mount on a Stang is the same as what we used to call a transmission mount and got told yes. It appears that some so called engineer back at the Ford plant decided to change the name some years back. The guys in parts say that these so called engineers drive them crazy when the start renaming parts. Hope this helps.

PerfRedV6
10-13-2008, 05:02 PM
It helps a lot, thank you very much, hopefully the new "rear engine mount" will help as much with the vibration!