PDA

View Full Version : Just got my baby back from ford yesterday!

BruntzySVT
01-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Tranny felt a weird but nothen was wrong, i also had them check the engine, sus, and rear to make sure everyting was okay before i install pulleys and chip! Car was gone for 3 days sniff sniff! Shes back! She smelt like something died in it though, f'n mechanics smell like ass! No offense to any here!

EddieGT
01-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Could you describe your symptoms? My tranny feels a little weird but I was told it was normal due to the larger/heavier plate used taken from the Cobra R... Could you describe what was going on so I know if it's the same issue?

I was about to schedule an appointment to get it looked at...

BruntzySVT
01-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Could you describe your symptoms? My tranny feels a little weird but I was told it was normal due to the larger/heavier plate used taken from the Cobra R... Could you describe what was going on so I know if it's the same issue?

I was about to schedule an appointment to get it looked at...
man its the t-56...a very weird transmission..just sticky shifts...loud noises when shift..its normal..you ll soon see there are a lot of lil problems with our cars lol

EddieGT
01-07-2005, 08:15 PM
man its the t-56...a very weird transmission..just sticky shifts...loud noises when shift..its normal..you ll soon see there are a lot of lil problems with our cars lol

damn that's the same issues as mine, and it only has just a tad above 5500 miles! Weird noises at low revs in 1st and 2nd (almost sounds like grinding), weird rattling, vibrations...but once it's past 2k RPM it's fine...

I don't think the T56's have such problems in the Cadillac CTS-V or the Z06 :(

My Cobra
01-07-2005, 11:16 PM
hmmmm get a new car.

EddieGT
01-08-2005, 07:13 AM
hmmmm get a new car.

No!

I can live with the low-rev rattles... This my baby we talking about here.

:smack:

haha, just messing...I wouldn't smack you, you're probably bigger than me anyways :nailbite:

EddieGT
01-08-2005, 08:35 AM
For all my Cobra brothas... Check out this post in the V8\Cobra forum:

http://forums.gotstang.com/showthread.php?t=1090