PDA

View Full Version : V6 Turbo?Supercharged or V8 SWAP?

rob3980
10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
OK I right now have a 2004 V6 5speed my question to everyone is do i throw a turbo or supercharger on my V6 along with other mods or do i swap it out for one of the V8 engines? I know that selling my car and buying one with a v8 already in it is the easiest solution but that cannot happen so im stuck with the one I have. So my question to all of you is do I turbo/supercharge my V6 or do I do a engine swap to a V8? I really dont wanna spend more then 7k and am not really sure what all a engine swap would entail. I dunno for those out there with the knowledge let me hear it cuz my car is too damn slow! Thanks for the help

J
10-10-2007, 05:30 AM
V6 turbo... but if you dont do internal work, your car wont last that long.... unless you baby it.

TRBOPWR
10-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Turbo, but J is right. Without internals built for the boost it won't be too much fun and will not last very long.

J
10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
When you see all these little SRT-4s run around with big ass turbos on.... think to yourself... will that car have the same engine in a year.. lol

AmericanMetal
11-09-2007, 06:04 PM
If you can find turbos for less than $7K installed & tuned with all the supporting hardware mentioned above, more power to ya - it might end up costing the same as a V8 swap. You might have to calculate how much more hp/tq would you get with each; how much $ per additional hp/lb-ft; how long would it last before needing replacement; how hard would you flog it and how much more power would you want after that?

Jude
11-22-2007, 06:01 PM
looking for a cold intake kit for my 04 stang this is a 3.9 not a 3.8 anyone have any ideas please email me at jnazon@msn.com
thanks stang04